Thursday, December 13, 2007

Music To The Ears!

Ashlin had two great concerts this week to help us get into the Holiday Spirit. The first was her first ever piano recital in which she played "What Child is This". Lucy decided it was time to eat the song before, so I had to pass the camera to the adult sitting closest so I am not responsible for the picture. Ashlin does have it memorized but took her music just in case. The second was her 5th grade musical night, in which they not only sang, but performed with the recorder. In the attached video, Ashlin is playing her piece at her recital. Again, sorry for the video. I had one offspring in my arms and two others close at my feet. There is a prevalent fear of sitting next to strangers. Luckily, Lucy loves music and was quite attentive. Happy viewing Dad!


6 comments:

gabe and family said...

Ashlin,
Great performance! You did so wonderful. I am so proud of you.
Dad

Anthony & Lauri said...

Ashlin,
You are quite the pianist..20 times better than I was at your age...just remember to practice all week long and not the one time 30 minutes before you leave to your piano lesson like I did. Good job

grandma ricks said...

Ashlin, I loved your performances! You are sure progressing! I am so very proud of you. I wish I could have been there in person, but at least I get to hear the best part! I love you! Grandma Ricks

Rachelle said...

Thanks for sharing! It was fun to hear you Ashlin! You know that is the first time I have heard you play. You are very good! Also what happened to the girl in blue during the 5th grade preformance? Just curious.

Rachelle said...

I meant performance in the first comment...just wanted to correct that. :->

Jennifer said...

WOW! You are sooo good Ashlin. You are quite the piano player! At my first ever piano recital I just set up on the stage frozen and couldn't remember how my song began. I just sat there for what seemed like FOREVER...My teacher kept shouting out "d...d....d...start on d." I was still so frozen he finally had to come up on stage and push my finger down on the "D" key. So anyway, FANTASTIC job!